Click here for the home page.
Home Page Areas of Law Resources Blog Contact Information
estate planning
divorce & parental issues
Real Estate & Bankruptcy

International Marriages
My future spouse lives abroad. How can I legally have him/her move to the United States?
To apply for a green card, contact an immigration attorney at the Law Offices of Zofia Rawner so that you understand the process and how to avoid unnecessary delays.

I want to live with my spouse abroad. How do I obtain permission from the foreign country?It depends on the length of stay you will be making and which country you are going to. Contact an attorney at the Law Offices of Zofia Rawner to learn more about your options.

My spouse is an undocumented worker in the United States but I am a citizen. How do I obtain citizenship for him/her?
It depends on how long the individual has been in the country and whether the court requires your spouse to stay long term in his/her home country. Speak with an attorney at the Law Offices of Zofia Rawner who can help you decide the best strategy for obtaining a green card for your loved one.

My spouse owns property abroad. How can we legally transfer the assets to the United States?
Both domestic and international law must be followed. Speak with an attorney at the Law Offices of Zofia Rawner to make sure you aren’t criminally or civilly violating any of the laws.

My spouse wants to bring cash from her country into the United States. Do we have to declare the amount he/she is bringing in?
It depends on the amount your spouse is bringing into the country. Contact the Law Offices of Zofia Rawner to address the best way to transfer money from abroad.

My spouse and I are a homosexual couple. Will the United States recognize our marriage?
Currently, the federal government does not recognize homosexual marriages. Speak with an attorney about the best way to help your loved one obtain a green card.